Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arainert

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 10, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
My vision for the iHub:

Networked device using Airport Extreme (are they laying the foundation by intorducing this at MWSF?) that allows you to access you iTunes, iPhoto, etc... info from a device that connects to your A/V receiver. Simple remote navigation similar to the current iPod navigation. The device would also have a Superdrive allowing you to replace your CD/DVD player as well as burn DVDs. It's right there for Apple... will they do it?

This should not be a terribly expensive system as the OS running on it could be simple.

BTW, I'm going to be really upset if they release a video iPod - which is an absolute waste of time and money.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
yes, a video iPod would be a waste. Just trying to enforce another standard in a place where everything's up in the air... I would love to see a media hub as well, but i think looking at Airport Extreme as a step towards that is reading into it too much. They probably just knew that 802.11g was going to take off soon, and they wanted to be on the bottom floor of it. Wi-fi technology does have many future implimentations, however, and a media hub could be one...

i think, however, that a true media hub would render the computer as we know it almost obsolete for consumers, they could do so much more with so much less, and we'll see the PC evolve over time into the hub, rather than spawn a separate device...

:)
pnw

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.