Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twopenn'orth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2004
I have a Powerbook and use an airport extreme base to log onto the internet.
To do this I open the Internet Connect icon and select the airport option and click onto the connect button once my wireless network has been found.
This is fine when I want to log onto the internet.

My problem is that if my Wireless is ON at anytime, my laptop automatically try to log onto the internet even when I don't want to log on. Is this normal?? And should I just turn the wireless off to stop this.

Or is they some setting that will prevent my laptop logging onto the internet automatically. I can't find any setting options at the Airport Admin Utility application to stop this.

Thanks for any help.

Veldek

macrumors 68000
Mar 29, 2003
Germany
I’m not at my Mac at the moment, but there’s definitely an option in the Admin Utility where you can set if Airport should stay always connected (or not). Just have a closer look or wait till somebody jumps in who knows the exact location.

Edit: I see that noone answered yet. As I'm home now I had a look and it can be found in the "Internet" section (at least in version 4.2).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.