Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jtuner77

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 15, 2008
So I just started setting up my wireless network and it seems to be working but with one issue.

My MBP connects to it perfectly. Then i take my MBP and go down 20 feet away from the Airport Extreme to my MP and I start to set up the Wireless Airport card in my MP, it see's the Network but when i put in the SAME password that is in my MBP it says either the PW is wrong or the Airport is out of area(20 feet away?).....I have made sure they are both set to WPA Personal 2 and all the setting are correct.

Anyone have any clues?

alexprice

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2005
So I just started setting up my wireless network and it seems to be working but with one issue.

My MBP connects to it perfectly. Then i take my MBP and go down 20 feet away from the Airport Extreme to my MP and I start to set up the Wireless Airport card in my MP, it see's the Network but when i put in the SAME password that is in my MBP it says either the PW is wrong or the Airport is out of area(20 feet away?).....I have made sure they are both set to WPA Personal 2 and all the setting are correct.

Anyone have any clues?

Hmm, unless you have a lead wall in between then I would try another Wireless channel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.