Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Giuanniello

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 21, 2012
Capri - Italy
Gave one of my two AirTags (after disabling it from my account) to a friend who's an Android user, figured that there is no much of a support on that platform, is any of you ware of a tracker so that it can be retrieved? The person would simply use it to track glasses case or bag

Thanks

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
Gave one of my two AirTags (after disabling it from my account) to a friend who's an Android user, figured that there is no much of a support on that platform, is any of you ware of a tracker so that it can be retrieved? The person would simply use it to track glasses case or bag

Thanks
I know there are android apps that will detect the presence of an air tag, but I think it's mostly design for anti-stalking, rather than finding your lost items. I would suggest looking at a Tile tracker. It's another brand and it's the closest thing to an Apple AirTag on android.

Giuanniello

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 21, 2012
Capri - Italy
I seem to understand I can activate it with my iPhone then pass it to the person but this way it might seem I wanna track it... better to look for an Android compatible one (not Samsung!) waiting to switch from Android to iOS

Grazie

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.