Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rsnhakan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2014
The Netherlands
Hi,

We are sharing two AirTags in our household. One AirTag, which is shared with me, is dissappearing after some time (1/2 days) in my "Find My" app. It also does not refresh the location.

Re-sharing solves the issue for 1/2 days. This problem is only with one AirTag.

Any thoughts?

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
Keep reporting it (I am). For some reason, it keeps happening with my wife's keys. If we keep sending feedback reports, they should find the race condition that's causing it.

rsnhakan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2014
The Netherlands
Keep reporting it (I am). For some reason, it keeps happening with my wife's keys. If we keep sending feedback reports, they should find the race condition that's causing it.
How to report it?

There are several cases:

Shared AirTag disappears from Find My

One reaction, maybe worth the try?:

"Problem solved. I CAREFULLY followed the instructions in Support. I removed the battery from the AirTag and replaced it 5 times by pressing it down on the battery until I heard a chirp. The fifth chirp was said to be different than the first four but it was very hard for me to hear it. Then I replaced the stainless steel cover and ADDED the AirTag to the Find My app. Success! I did this exact procedure previously but it did not work. So repeat this if it fails the first time. This does work."

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
How to report it?

There are several cases:

Shared AirTag disappears from Find My

One reaction, maybe worth the try?:

"Problem solved. I CAREFULLY followed the instructions in Support. I removed the battery from the AirTag and replaced it 5 times by pressing it down on the battery until I heard a chirp. The fifth chirp was said to be different than the first four but it was very hard for me to hear it. Then I replaced the stainless steel cover and ADDED the AirTag to the Find My app. Success! I did this exact procedure previously but it did not work. So repeat this if it fails the first time. This does work."
Ok, so you just factory reset your AirTag. (you could have just unpaired if if you wanted to try that scenario).

rsnhakan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2014
The Netherlands
Ok, so you just factory reset your AirTag. (you could have just unpaired if if you wanted to try that scenario).

True. But I did remove it from the findmy app, after that I did the "chirp reset". And also replaced battery.

For now it's still working!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.