Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

determined09

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
I don't see any replacements for the leather AirTags on Apple's site.
it's on the Hermes website still

but I also found this article from 2021 and there was some quality control problems with them too

from the article linked below "The online Apple Store has temporarily stopped selling the Hermes AirTags in the United States, in what could be a precautionary measure over potential quality issues."

KPOM

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
it's on the Hermes website still

but I also found this article from 2021 and there was some quality control problems with them too

from the article linked below "The online Apple Store has temporarily stopped selling the Hermes AirTags in the United States, in what could be a precautionary measure over potential quality issues."
But then they came back to the website later in 2021. The “QC” issues were no more than an unsubstantiated rumor.

determined09

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
But then they came back to the website later in 2021. The “QC” issues were no more than an unsubstantiated rumor.
probably after Hermes corrected things in the manufacturing process to prevent issues in the future. I heard that Hermes is serious about quality control.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.