Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cola79

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
As it seems there is a problem with the alarm clock. Again I woke up too late and was sure that I did not turn of the alarm myself.

I discovered something today, when I turned on my 4s it had shown at bottom that "swipe to stop alarm clock" thing and in the middle of screen I could press to snooze. But, there was no alarm sound running and the clock next to the battery icon was missing.

After clicking the snooze button the clock icon appeared again and after about 10 minutes I could hear the alarm sound.

I did not have this every day, but often enough that I will use something else for my wake up alarm from now on...

surmvoise

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2014
Same here!! Extremely annoying!
When I wake up (not because of the alarm and mostly too late!) I see the Lockscreen showing me that it's ringing but with no sound! Doesn't always happen either. And I can't find a way to intentionally reproduce this bug. Did anyone else find one?

Btw, I'm running iOS 7.0.4 on an iPhone 5s.

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
I've never had this on my iPhone 5 but my partner has had it a couple of times with her iPhone 4 on iOS 7. Twice is enough to have been very annoying!

She also occasionally gets her phone freezing up when someone's ringing her, making it impossible to answer the call. I've always suspected something's similar happening at the time of an alarm, but I'm just speculating.

jlusk99

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2013
Yes I have the same problem almost every damn day and I'm sick of it! Wake up almost every morning and it says the alarm is going off on the screen but NO sound. I make sure to turn the volume all the way up before going to bed. Made sure the Setting/Sounds/Alerts setting is turned all the way up, tried different ringers and it still happens.

One thing I noticed is it seems to happen more often when the phone is plugged in. I plug in my phone at night on the nightstand. I have started leaving it unplugged and even then it still doesn't make a sound.

The one thing I've thought out is that I am a heavy sleeper and have been known to sleep through and alarm for quite some time before it wakes me up. I wonder if the phone alarm quits making noise after a certain period of time?

My previous phone was a Droid Razr and it did the same thing. I thought moving to an iPhone would remedy this since Apples are just supposed "to work". Boy I was wrong.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Yes I have the same problem almost every damn day and I'm sick of it! Wake up almost every morning and it says the alarm is going off on the screen but NO sound. I make sure to turn the volume all the way up before going to bed. Made sure the Setting/Sounds/Alerts setting is turned all the way up, tried different ringers and it still happens.

One thing I noticed is it seems to happen more often when the phone is plugged in. I plug in my phone at night on the nightstand. I have started leaving it unplugged and even then it still doesn't make a sound.

The one thing I've thought out is that I am a heavy sleeper and have been known to sleep through and alarm for quite some time before it wakes me up. I wonder if the phone alarm quits making noise after a certain period of time?

My previous phone was a Droid Razr and it did the same thing. I thought moving to an iPhone would remedy this since Apples are just supposed "to work". Boy I was wrong.

How is Apple supposed to fix your heavy sleeping problem? Maybe you should try one of those old fashioned Alarms? :D

depositphotos_8858572-Ten-oclock.-Old-fashioned-alarm-clock.-3d.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.