Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 14, 2005
Hello all

I was delighted to find I can tell my mac to go to sleep at a certain time and am now wafted to sleep myself by iTunes.

But as for waking it up? I've tried iRooster which I'm not very impressed with and certainly isn't worth the registration fee. Are there any other decent alarm clock programs that will fire up iTunes? Or can I do anything with applescript or automator or something like that?

Cheers!

Tim

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
What's wrong with iCal ?

Just tell it to open a file (music in this case) at a specific time and date.

You can set it to repeat daily, weekly or just quickly set an alarm before bed. Your recent files will be cached, so setting them again later should be quick and easy.

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 50

jamesW135

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2005
Macs do have an alarm clock in iCal. However the one on the older models was extreemly better. Ah I remember waking up to my 540c in the morning.

JBot

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2006
Calgary.Alberta.Canada
i use the free program powercontroller. I had alot of troubles however running the proper playlist. I have my entire music library on my desktop, than networked wirelessly to my powerbook. I tried using iCal, and it wouldnt want to play the desired playlist however, and with this new program, it works fine. I also have it at different times each day so i can have it set to my class times. Very happy.

bursty

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2004
I made something in Automator. I have my PB shut down at 3am and start back up at 8am. I made an Automator application that opens iTunes and plays a playlist and setthat application to start everytime I turn on my PB, which it does automatically every morning at 8am. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.