Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Erlenmeyer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2017
I'm not sure whether this has been brought up, but ever since I installed iOS 11 on my iPhone 6, the volume has been extremely low when my alarm clock goes off. My volume settings are at the maximum level, so I'm not sure what it could be...

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a fix?

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
I'm not sure whether this has been brought up, but ever since I installed iOS 11 on my iPhone 6, the volume has been extremely low when my alarm clock goes off. My volume settings are at the maximum level, so I'm not sure what it could be...

The sound you are using for your alarm isn’t a custom one by any chance?

Erlenmeyer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2017
The sound you are using for your alarm isn’t a custom one by any chance?
No, I use the sounds/ringtones that are pre-installed by Apple.

When I sample any of the sounds, the volume is very low, but I can increase it. However, it reverts back to a very low volume once the actual alarm goes off, despite the fact that I set my volume to the highest level.

USF813

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
Tampa

Under settings, go to “Sounds and Haptics”. The update to iOS 11 disables changing the volume with the buttons. It did the same thing to me when I updated my 6. iOS 11 also destroyed my battery life so I bought an iPhone 7 yesterday.

Reactions: dk001

Erlenmeyer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2017
Under settings, go to “Sounds and Haptics”. The update to iOS 11 disables changing the volume with the buttons. It did the same thing to me when I updated my 6. iOS 11 also destroyed my battery life so I bought an iPhone 7 yesterday.
It worked, thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.