Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danmart

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
Lancs, UK
We just got back from holiday, so I wanted to turn on my ‘weekday alarm’ again, but the alarm details are gone from the HomePod settings in the Home app for me.

Is this ‘correct’? Anyone seeing alarm details running homepod OS 17.0 (21J354)?

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Im getting the alarm and timer controls on all HomePods.

You are scrolling down on the HomePod page, right?

danmart

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
Lancs, UK
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am looking at all the settings for the HomePod if that is what you mean. I’m a ‘day 1’ buyer so I am familiar with where they used to be in the app.

Interesting to hear this isn’t a universal issue. What is strange to me is that is affecting both original HomePods and newer HomePod Minis.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am looking at all the settings for the HomePod if that is what you mean. I’m a ‘day 1’ buyer so I am familiar with where they used to be in the app.

Interesting to hear this isn’t a universal issue. What is strange to me is that is affecting both original HomePods and newer HomePod Minis.
Sorry, was not intending to question your knowledge but I also can’t assume everyone knows everything so I had to ask. Anyways, I’m getting all kinds of bugs with OS 17 but not this one.

This is what I would do if I were in your position:

1. Force close Home app and reopen
2. If no change, hard reboot iPhone
3. If no change, soft reboot HomePod in Home app
4. If no change, power cycle HomePod
5. If no change, reboot network
6. If no change, throw HomePod across room and curse Apple for ever existing.

This is what I see on all my HomePods. Since OS 17, the alarms and timers rarely start up. Of course I’m on the same network but Apple software is atrocious. I’m ready for step 6 myself.

1695984215189.png

danmart

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
Lancs, UK
Thanks, and no offence taken :)

There are also big issues with (seemingly) 17.0.2 since none of my house stuff works on my iPhones but luckily it is still there on iPads and ATVs. I think I may hold on for a little while longer - I have dozens of automations and scores of lights so re-adding anything will be a faff if that is eventually the answer!

Thanks again for replying!

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Thanks, and no offence taken :)

There are also big issues with (seemingly) 17.0.2 since none of my house stuff works on my iPhones but luckily it is still there on iPads and ATVs. I think I may hold on for a little while longer - I have dozens of automations and scores of lights so re-adding anything will be a faff if that is eventually the answer!

Thanks again for replying!
You got it, anytime. Did you try any of the troubleshooting steps? They’re benign and shouldn’t affect your HomeKit setup. I would also recommend, as a last step, to factory reset the HomePod.

danmart

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
Lancs, UK
I figured it out - a combination of user error and changed UI. You used to long-press to get the information on playback and alarms with a tap just doing play/pause. Now the UI is tap to get payback controls and alarms / timers while a long press gives you deeper settings.

iphonehype

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2012
I figured it out - a combination of user error and changed UI. You used to long-press to get the information on playback and alarms with a tap just doing play/pause. Now the UI is tap to get payback controls and alarms / timers while a long press gives you deeper settings.
Thanks the change of UI

five12plus

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2024
Many thanks for this. The UI change was not obvious at all to me. The playback controls fill the screen and it never occurred to me to scroll down!

Reactions: danmart
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.