Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Berek

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
This is absolutely ridiculous. On playlists and complete albums, the art is completely messed up and showing as other albums.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Yes. This bug is there across all iOS 13 betas and iOS 13.1 beta 2 does not improve this in any regard. Disappointed.
Do you have iCloud Music Library turned On?
This bug has nothing to do with iCloud Music Library. I also see this bug Without having iTunes Match and/or Apple Music.

Madonnnaaaaaaaaa

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2015
Can’t believe this is still an issue!! They have know since the first bloody iOS 13 beta and first Catalina beta. Fools

igrover

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2007
Just installed iOS 13.1 and have the same album art problem I had on iOS 13.0. For playlists the display album art is correct for the first 15 albums then it starts to repeat the same sequence for the remainder of the playlists. However when you actually select a playlist that has a display album art problem all the songs inside the playlist show the correct album art.

?

Reactions: Shirasaki

kobby2k6

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2018
Northern Virginia
Just installed iOS 13.1 and have the same album art problem I had on iOS 13.0. For playlists the display album art is correct for the first 15 albums then it starts to repeat the same sequence for the remainder of the playlists. However when you actually select a playlist that has a display album art problem all the songs inside the playlist show the correct album art.

?

i was looking forward to this being fixed. I don’t get some of these bugs, first time ever seeing this issue on iOS

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015

?
Yes, I can confirm. For iTunes synced libraries, situation is even worse as there is no “first 15 correct album artworks” and all of them are all over the place. One list having only one song has composited album artworks (the one when you have songs from more than 4 albums). Syncing with iTunes might temporarily fix the issue, but it will come back. I have never seen this problem in all previous betas and official iOS versions. This is a brand new bug.

jagolden

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2002
I reported this numerous times through the Feeback App.
never been addressed. As annoying as heck!

Madonnnaaaaaaaaa

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2015
Wait until they release it too the masses in this state. Remember iTunes Match gate? Screwing up everybody’s music collections. It’s gonna repeat itself

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Wait until they release it too the masses in this state. Remember iTunes Match gate? Screwing up everybody’s music collections. It’s gonna repeat itself
This is one of those reasons I never trust Apple Music and probably never will. Apple, while touting their focus on privacy, never truly respect user data and design software in a way that is less destructive to user data. When things go wrong, all they will tell is “start over” “nuke everything”.

Klankpad

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2018
I made a seperate topic but nobody is answering there so I will ask it here 2, cause it seems here are some people who can probably know what I'm asking... I transfered mp3 files from my usb stick to a folder in the files app, but how can you make the albums appear in the library from the music app ?

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I made a seperate topic but nobody is answering there so I will ask it here 2, cause it seems here are some people who can probably know what I'm asking... I transfered mp3 files from my usb stick to a folder in the files app, but how can you make the albums appear in the library from the music app ?
You have to use iTunes or some sort of software interacting with iTunes library on your device to import your mp3 file. Simply putting those onto your iPhone wont do it.

ScottW1

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2010
NW Washington, USA
What a mess! I only sync from iTunes (all ripped from CD). In 13, 13.1, and now 13.1.1 -- The iPhone Music app, Albums list, is a mess. As I scroll down the list, some are just fine -- then there will be two in a row with the same artwork (one correct, one not). Then a few that are correct, then two more with the same artwork (again, one is correct and one is not).

I can forgive the original mistake in early beta.... But how did they let this get to final release!?!!??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.