Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
Clicking on Music and then Artist, about half of my album art isn't showing. On my iPad, which uses same Apple ID and same OS syncing to same Mac, all looks perfect. I've clicked on "get album art" with no luck. What would be causing this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 828

largefarrva

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2012
I have the same issue on my iPhone 5s. All of my album art (except two) under "artists" is shown exactly like the image you have shown. But if I click on an artist the album artwork is there next to the songs...very strange. Hopefully there's a fix out there for us.

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
Seeing the same thing on my 5s - and yes, if we are seeing it, chances are that others will see it, so hopefully it will be fixed - maybe in 7.02?

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
I deleted all music from iPhone, selected all music in iTunes and "get album art" resynced all music and same issue exists.

Ixi271

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013
Manchester
Same here, been discussing this for a while. There seems to be no solution other than wait for an update.

Whats puzzling is that the artist images displayed fine on iOS7 GM (tested on an iPhone 5)
But I have never been able to get artist images to work on an iPhone 5S 7.0 and 7.0.1 and any iPhone running iOS7 downloaded OTA or updated through iTunes.
So the last time I saw this feature working was in the GM released to developers. Either something has changed at Apple such that they are not allowing the artist profile pictures to be downloaded by iOS7 devices any more or the release version differs slightly from the GM introducing this bug.

I am going to bet on that its a bug in the release version software (GM is usually but not always what gets released) as I have artist profile images still working (including if a new artist's music is added) on an iPhone 5 running GM.
So for now, for me, using the artist view in iOS 7.0.1 is a rather ugly experience even though every album I have has correct album art loaded which should be used in artist view if the artist profile image is not available, unfortunately, I can just see a lot of grey squares with artist and album names just like the image in the OP.

FilthyZ

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
I'm experiencing the same issue, I tried everything to fix it but nothing works. And i'm also running into issues with newly purchased songs not showing up.

allonym

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2009
I had this problem and eventually solved it by wiping the phone and setting up as new. Drastic, but it fixed the problem and gave me the chance to have real clean up. Took about six hours to get everything set up again (three of which was re-downloading music and apps). I lost old text messages but everything I really care about is in the cloud or backed up somewhere. YMMV, obviously, so it is a good idea to think hard before you do this, or at least make sure you have a backup you can revert to if you find you've lost something you just can't live without.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
So for all pics and videos do you use Image Capture to pull them off? How do you get them back on?

allonym

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2009
So for all pics and videos do you use Image Capture to pull them off? How do you get them back on?
Backed up into Aperture and then the images were thrown from Aperture into Photo Stream and then copied from Photo Stream into Camera Roll on the phone. Note that this doesn't work for videos - these are backed up by Aperture but Aperture won't add them to Photo Stream.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I use playlists to sync music on my iPhone so to fix this issue:

1. I unchecked the effected playlist
2. Synced with iTunes (removes the songs)
3. re-checked the playlist
4. Synced with iTunes (copied the songs back)

problem fixed.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
Yep...I started with a fresh device last night and I noticed when I synced music again all of the art for the artist view was there....another example of potential "stuff" left behind in a backup.

Cancelled
Aug 28, 2014
Solved the problem by conducting the following steps:

I was having this exact issue for a long time. I tried to delete all my music and re-sync, but this did not work. I tried various other troubleshooting measures and even restoring my iPhone would not work. Here are the steps I took to solve the issue:

1. Connect your iPhone to iTunes and go to the Music Tab and uncheck Sync Music and press Apply to Sync. (Make sure your music is backed up in iTunes).

2. Open your Music App on your iPhone and ensure all music has been deleted.

3. Perform a full backup of your iPhone to iTunes including Apps and Purchases.

4. Unplug your phone from your computer and go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings.

5. Once the iPhone is restored and reboots follow the wizard until you get to the point it asks if you want to set up new phone or restore from a backup and select restore from iTunes Backup. (restoring from iCloud backup did not work for me and also takes longer)

6. Connect your phone to your computer now and select restore from iTunes backup and select the latest backup you just performed.

7. This process took my phone about 30 minutes to perform. Make sure you leave your phone alone until the Sync symbol on you iPhone has stopped.

8. Open the Music Tab in iTunes and Sync your music. This may take awhile depending how much music you have.

Once you complete these steps your Album Artwork under Artist will now show up. This solution worked for me as of 08/28/2014 with the latest iOS version.

I hope this helps someone in the future as this was a very annoying problem for me. If you perform the backup like stated above, your phone will be exactly the way you left it including the layout of your shortcuts. Enjoy!!!

HarryMallory

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2014
Thanks for this great advice!

Just like to say a big thank you for this advice!! I was going a little out of my mind on this one!! Cheers!:)

vinigta

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2014
Clicking on Music and then Artist, about half of my album art isn't showing. On my iPad, which uses same Apple ID and same OS syncing to same Mac, all looks perfect. I've clicked on "get album art" with no luck. What would be causing this?

Here is the easiest solution:

Using an app that enters the system folders, like iFile, you go:

* "var / mobile / Media / iTunes_Control / iTunes"

There will be a file called "MediaLibrary.sqlitedb" that contains all the information of the songs on your iPhone. Just delete
this file, restart the iphone and you transfer the songs again and the images of albums and artists back to normal.
Worked with me. I have an iphone 4 ios 7.1.2

miknos

Suspended
Mar 14, 2008
You need to restart iPhone after deleting MediaLibrary.sqlitedb. That solved the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.