Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rm5

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 4, 2022
United States
While playing around with some sound effects in Alchemy (in Logic Pro), I noticed it was only working off a single thread—which was seeing around 75% utilization when playing four voices. Is there a way to make Alchemy work on multiple threads? If not, it's not the end of the world, I was just noticing that single thread getting hammered. Any ideas?

EDIT: I guess the "multi-threadedness" would come in handy when working only with one or two Alchemy tracks. Obviously with like 12 Alchemy tracks it would already max out the CPU (at least in my case) regardless...

ry-guy

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2015
North of Sweden
I know it’s a little bit after your original post but pretty much all audio work runs on the single core. Most plugins don’t use GPU and aren’t using multi threading either. So for future, unless something changes, those single core speeds and benchmarks are the things you want to keep an eye on. Also HD/SDD bandwidth?(i can’t remember the term haha) when using plugin Librarys.

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
it uses because it's an old plugin to Logic in m1-2 era! Intel only means it will eat processor and memory! You should find and external or pressure the plug-in make not make Universal version (which is tweet and recompile)! To me it's shame that 2 years after the release of M1 in 2020 they have no excuse to be in business in my opinion!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.