Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pshufd

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
This is an upcoming line of chips from Intel but it's aimed at low-power devices. I read that the idea is a CPU with 8 Gracemont (Atom) cores, and no Golden Cove cores. There would be no hyperthreading.

I need a low-power Windows device to run a program from time to time and I'd love something in a format like the Mac mini and this may be an upcoming option.

I have one program that really runs poorly on macOS but even moreso on Apple Silicon. I could not get it to start up without graphical artifacts this morning (it happens on and off) and it runs my Intel systems pretty hot. So looking for a cool-running Windows solution. I'll keep my eyes out for one of these.

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
I have one program that really runs poorly on macOS but even moreso on Apple Silicon. I could not get it to start up without graphical artifacts this morning (it happens on and off) and it runs my Intel systems pretty hot. So looking for a cool-running Windows solution. I'll keep my eyes out for one of these.
So, what program is it?

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
Fidelity Active Trader Pro. Ancient Windows Executable that runs on macOS via WINE so it's already slow on Intel Macs.
ATP seems to be still 32bit (!!!!) - not even fun an Windows 11 🤣😂😎 Completely disconnected from any platform or that this is MR - this seems really bad supported… time for a change… maybe?

pshufd

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
ATP seems to be still 32bit (!!!!) - not even fun an Windows 11 🤣😂😎 Completely disconnected from any platform or that this is MR - this seems really bad supported… time for a change… maybe?

My assets are with them so I don't have a choice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.