Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2016
Hi everyone,

I'm having issues with the alert volume of the AirPods Pro, for example when I force touch the AirPod to activate Siri, the 'beep' is so intense loud that it almost hurts my ears. The same when someone is calling me, the ringtone is too loud, even when my music or podcast is on a proper (lower) level. I think the same issue was present with the AirPods (gen 1/2), but couldn't find a solution online. Maybe someone on this forum has some advice?

Regards,
Tom

Reactions: heelixx

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
Yep, it’s been an issue on all AirPods. There’s a thread on the v1 AirPods here somewhere.

The problem is that there’s no individual volume setting for alerts over Bluetooth - it’s the same volume as your Ringer over speaker, so the only solution is to lower your Ringer volume. It’s possibly saved my ears whilst annoyingly dampening the alert/ringtone of my IOS devices’ speaker when not using AirPods.

PW_SD

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2022
Found the solution! Siri's volume (and associated beeps/tones) is controlled independent of the main volume controls. To solve this you must activate Siri, wait for the double beep, then her voice. As she speaks, adjust the side volume buttons UP/DOWN. Solved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.