Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peter Franks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 9, 2011
Anyone know how to set alerts that are not just daily, weekly or monthly which are offered in app?
I have monthly to pay certain bills etc., that usually work OK, from the 'Reminders' built in app, but I need to do an alert for Monday/Wednesday/Friday/ but every week rather than set them every week individually. Is there a way of doing that so it can alert me 3 times a week, indefinitely, or is that only on a 3rd party app?
Anyone know if it can be done using the usual calendar or reminder app?
Thanks

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
You can try using Siri to specify a custom repeat pattern when you are creating a reminder or an event.

Peter Franks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 9, 2011
Oh right, so just say exactly that and see what occurs? Thanks, I'll try that
[doublepost=1484331932][/doublepost]OK It's only showing the one. I asked for repeated reminders every Mon/Wed/Fri, but only shows one reminder for Monday, and in the reminder it says repeat 'never', so I don't think it can cope with that one

Last edited:

Peter Franks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 9, 2011
You're a star, thank you!

Interestingly, some of my 'monthly' ones now say 'custom' too in the list, and the older ones say 'monthly', Is the custom a new addition with last iOS?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.