Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

c14nhl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
Edinburgh
I noticed an issue yesterday where a 3rd party app had added a workout in error, starting 11th May, ending 2nd June.

This throw out my rings for just the past 2 days, Sat & Fri.

I’ve managed to find the data points in the Health App to remove them however the figure shown doesn’t match. See attached.

I want to align the figures to match that of the data. The Rings show I have “Exercised” 23.84 hours and “Stood” 24. That’s clearly not the case and having removing the data the graphs appear correct, just the figures haven’t updated.

Wouldn’t be a massive issue but I enjoy collecting achievements. Having those figures as my “high score” would knock some out.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? Even if I can delete both those days fully, I’d prefer that?

Just to stress, I have been through the data and sources so graphs are correct and showing those figures, just the figure displayed that needs updating.

Attachments

• C2F4B7C3-796B-49B9-AFE5-A911A7A37930.png
    C2F4B7C3-796B-49B9-AFE5-A911A7A37930.png
    929.5 KB · Views: 267

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
When you go into the Activity app, then select the Workout tab at the bottom, can you see the actual "workout" that was recorded mistakenly?

If so, if you swipe left, it reveals a delete button. When you press delete, you're presented with an option to either "delete the workout only" or "delete workout and data".

I would imagine that if you deleted the workout and data, it would erase any stats that were accumulated for that workout. Not sure if that would do the trick as Workout and Exercise minutes are different and I think some apps handle the Exercise ring differently.

Worth a try, perhaps.

c14nhl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
Edinburgh
I was able to remove the Workout that caused the issue. This removed all the data and updated the graphs accordingly however did not update the figures, strange!

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
I was able to remove the Workout that caused the issue. This removed all the data and updated the graphs accordingly however did not update the figures, strange!
OK, I misread your original post.

There may be a way to fix your graphs, but it may mess up any streaks that you have going. I've done this to fix an issue with losing my streak because I unpaired my watch late in the morning and didn't have my 700 calories after I re-paired. I did have 700 total, but lost the streak anyway.

Here's what you could try.

1. Reboot your iPhone. Maybe it'll recreate the charts after a reboot using the correct information.

2. If that doesn't work, try rolling back the date and time to the day before your data is messed up. Check the activity for that day. Then force quit the Activity app.
3. Then roll the date one day forward. Check the activity for that day. Then force quit.
4. Keep doing this until you reach today.

This worked for me, however, my situation was a little different.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.