Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

realpras

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2013
Hey all,

I just wanna confirm with you all that all-day events (such as birthdays) are not displayed as an event in complication and glance.

Is there any way to have all-day events to be displayed in complication and glance?
So instead of saying NONE, my calendar complication should say my friend's birthday.
So instead of saying 'Tomorrow is clear', my calendar glance should say it's time to pay rent tomorrow.

The events are listed in the Calendar app, everything works fine as it should on my Mac and iPhone.
I just want all my all-day events to be displayed in Complication and Glance. So is there any way to achieve this?

Thank you!

Reactions: macgabe

sean000

macrumors 68000
Jul 16, 2015
Bellingham, WA
Fantastical calendar works the same way. I only see all day events if I open the watch app. I think the idea is for the complication to display remaining appointments for the day rather than all day events. I would set a reminder for all day events so they notify you at a helpful time, or get into the habit of checking the calendar or Today widget on the iPhone or loading the full app on the watch when you first start your day.

realpras

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2013
Fantastical calendar works the same way. I only see all day events if I open the watch app. I think the idea is for the complication to display remaining appointments for the day rather than all day events. I would set a reminder for all day events so they notify you at a helpful time, or get into the habit of checking the calendar or Today widget on the iPhone or loading the full app on the watch when you first start your day.
That's unfortunate. I get what you mean, but I think it'd be good if we have at least an option to display all-day events in glance or complication.

sean000

macrumors 68000
Jul 16, 2015
Bellingham, WA
That's unfortunate. I get what you mean, but I think it'd be good if we have at least an option to display all-day events in glance or complication.

I think it would be a nice option as well, and I was a bit surprised Fantastical didn't offer it since they give you a number of options for the large and small complications. There may be another calendar app out there that does this.

Sean

PackyP

macrumors regular
Feb 29, 2016
Look for an app called EventsWidget. This has a large complication that can either show the next 3 events or the next one including all days events.

Thank you for this recommendation! I love being able to see the next three events on the face, rather than just next one. I also love being able to see the all day events on the face!

Attachments

• IMG_1209.PNG
    IMG_1209.PNG
    31.8 KB · Views: 407
Reactions: realpras

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008

An alarm would probably work better for all day events than a separate reminder. I think you can set a default time so all future created all day events would have the alarm with no further input.

Also, your today view on iPhone shows all day events? Mine doesn't :/
[doublepost=1459908596][/doublepost]
Thank you for this recommendation! I love being able to see the next three events on the face, rather than just next one. I also love being able to see the all day events on the face!

I hate this because the names are so truncated.

I would love an app that could show me my next but one appointment though. So I could have it below my large calendar complication, and see the following appointment time.

realpras

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2013
I hate this because the names are so truncated.

I would love an app that could show me my next but one appointment though. So I could have it below my large calendar complication, and see the following appointment time.

Apparently you can set it within the iPhone app to only display one appointment so it doesn't get so cluttered.

Thank you for this recommendation. I love the functionality of the app!

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
Apparently you can set it within the iPhone app to only display one appointment so it doesn't get so cluttered.

When does it show all day events? Whenever there's a gap? Or at the end of the day?

realpras

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2013
If you set it to show one event does it override that setting and show the all day above one event?
If you have non all-day events, it will show that instead of all-day event. This only applies in Modular face as it's the only face that can show more than one event using this app's complication.

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
If you have non all-day events, it will show that instead of all-day event. This only applies in Modular face as it's the only face that can show more than one event using this app's complication.

So my original question is still unanswered :/

Suppose I have an all day event (A) and one from 5pm til 6pm. (B)

What will I see at 8am, at 4pm, at 7pm? Will it be B B A or A B A?

PackyP

macrumors regular
Feb 29, 2016

Here is what it looks like with all day and non-all day:
I have an all day birthday today, an appt from 3:00 to 4:00, and another appt from 6:15 to 7:15. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_1231.PNG
    IMG_1231.PNG
    30.2 KB · Views: 267

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008

Here is what it looks like with all day and non-all day:
I have an all day birthday today, an appt from 3:00 to 4:00, and another appt from 6:15 to 7:15. Hope this helps.

i want to see what it looks like with that setting above (thank you though)

realpras

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2013

I answered your question, your 5-6pm meeting will be displayed and after it finishes it will change back to your all-day event. In other word, all-day event is always second priority. So, B B A at 8am 4pm 7pm.

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
I answered your question, your 5-6pm meeting will be displayed and after it finishes it will change back to your all-day event. In other word, all-day event is always second priority. So, B B A at 8am 4pm 7pm.

You mentioned showing more than one event in the complication, so I assumed you were talking about the same situation as PackyP showed. Thanks

PackyP

macrumors regular
Feb 29, 2016
Ok, does anyone know of another app that will display multiple events/all day events on complications? I have been using EventsWidget, and it worked fine for about a week but now it crashes when i try to run it from the watch and the setting won't update like they should. I have uninstalled/reinstalled it a couple of times. I emailed the dev and got no response. Any other apps that you guys know about I could try?

realpras

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2013
Ok, does anyone know of another app that will display multiple events/all day events on complications? I have been using EventsWidget, and it worked fine for about a week but now it crashes when i try to run it from the watch and the setting won't update like they should. I have uninstalled/reinstalled it a couple of times. I emailed the dev and got no response. Any other apps that you guys know about I could try?

I have uninstalled the app, but when I used it it worked fine. Let me know if you find better alternatives.

PackyP

macrumors regular
Feb 29, 2016
I have uninstalled the app, but when I used it it worked fine. Let me know if you find better alternatives.

I have not found any other apps that display multiple items on the complication. I ended up installing EventsWidget again, and so far it is behaving this time. *knocks on wood*

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.