Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

will0407

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 20, 2006
I've come across a seller who's got some apple watch series 4 for sale at a good price (has quite a few, face only, no bands etc), however the ecg function doesn't work. The cellular functionality works fine, so the only reason I can think of that it won't work is that it was originally bought in a country where the ECG hasn't been activated (e.g australia)

I'm UK based if that makes any difference.

PugMaster

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2019
It could actually be a problem with the sensor. Also, if it comes from a country where ecg is not available, make sure the lte bands match european standards, otherwise you will not get signal. Don’t ask me how I found out...

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
I've come across a seller who's got some apple watch series 4 for sale at a good price (has quite a few, face only, no bands etc), however the ecg function doesn't work. The cellular functionality works fine, so the only reason I can think of that it won't work is that it was originally bought in a country where the ECG hasn't been activated (e.g australia)

I'm UK based if that makes any difference.
Sounds sketchy. A deal too good to be true usually is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.