Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reverse Seraph

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2017
So, I jailbroke my iPad Air 2, it was running 10.1.1. I installed a tweak, i resprung my iPad, I unlocked my iPad and all my stock apps are missing exepct camera, contacts and App Store (Also Cydia, but i still have the King Jon Un thingy, already tried running it, it just restarts my iPad). However all my other apps for the App store are fine. Help Me Plz :(. Searcing for them on spotlight search dosen't work either.

SSAJ

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2016
So, I jailbroke my iPad Air 2, it was running 10.1.1. I installed a tweak, i resprung my iPad, I unlocked my iPad and all my stock apps are missing exepct camera, contacts and App Store (Also Cydia, but i still have the King Jon Un thingy, already tried running it, it just restarts my iPad). However all my other apps for the App store are fine. Help Me Plz :(. Searcing for them on spotlight search dosen't work either.

Restore ur device

porcupine8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2011
I don't have any advice other than restoring, either, unfortunately. With Cydia gone, I don't know how else to remove the tweak. But if you don't mind, could you tell us what tweak it was so that we can avoid it?

Reverse Seraph

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2017
I don't have any advice other than restoring, either, unfortunately. With Cydia gone, I don't know how else to remove the tweak. But if you don't mind, could you tell us what tweak it was so that we can avoid it?
I'm not sure which tweak it was, sorry. I think it was App Sync for AppCake.
[doublepost=1486807064][/doublepost]
Restore ur device
RIP my Jailbreak, it lasted an hour lol.

GJDPMolinari

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2018

OK, HERE IS THE BIG DEAL.
I REALLY CAN'T EXPLAIN WHAT DID I DO RIGHT BUT IT REALLY REALLY WORKED!

Here's the story: I spent almost a whole day trying to read Forums about how to get it fixed and after reading tons of posts I decided to restore the iPhone to the newest iOS and wait for a future JB. So, I cannot describe what EXACTLY did I do right:
- Cydia Impactor was open and connected to my phone
- iTunes was open and also recognized the phone
- I was trying to put the phone into RESTORE MODE (and so Install manually a newer IPSW file)
- pressed the right side button (sleep) and home together till it reboots.
- when the apple Logo appeared, released the home button and held volume down button for several seconds (10-15) hoping to enter its RESTORE mode (obviously I was NOT restoring it right LOL)
- my iTunes logo on my macbook started to jump. As I was figuring out what happened, I released both buttons and the phone opened the lockscreen.
- unlocked it and... voilá! There was all the missing icons along with a unjailbroken device.

Jailbroke it again and everything is fine!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.