Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ale1981

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2009
I launched Kolibri for SwiftUI earlier this year on iOS, iPadOS and as a mac catalyst app.
But I quickly noticed that the catalyst app felt kinda bad on macOS. So for me it was clear that I had to remake the mac version as a proper native mac app. And after lots of work and refactoring I recently launched it. And I'm so glad I went away from catalyst, it's so much better and nicer now!

screen1.png

Kolibri is a app which generates SwiftUI code from designs and animations. You can draw in it like in a vector drawing app (similar to sketch or figma) and it has an included animation editor. And you can copy the generated SwiftUI code at all times and use it in your own projects.
It also imports SVG (not always 100% perfect to be honest - working on it).

You can try it for free. And then it has either subscription or one time purchase, so there should be a choice for every one, which was important for me cause I know a lot of people don't like subscriptions. I'm picky with my subscriptions too, especially today where everything has one.

So I'd love if some of you could give it a try and maybe even share feedback.
App Store Link

Thanks!
Sandro

Basic75

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2011
Europe
From the App Store page I do not understand what the limitations of the unpaid version are, and what the difference between the two in-app purchases is.

Reactions: ale1981

ale1981

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2009
From the App Store page I do not understand what the limitations of the unpaid version are, and what the difference between the two in-app purchases is.
The free version is just to try, you can only draw basic shapes and use a few of the animations. It will still generate the code though. When you start the app it will explain which features are in free and which ones paid. But you're right, maybe I could write this in the description too.

And for the in app purchases: One is a subscription and the other a one-time payment. They will give you the exact same features. It's just because some people want to pay a subscription which is a small amount every month and others like to pay once and then own it. So I wanted to give both options, cause obviously not everyone likes subscriptions.

Reactions: Basic75
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.