Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

other

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 18, 2005
This is the third MBP I've noticed this fan issue (?) with. The right one doesn't sound at all like the left. I made a crappy Youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-S2cWxEQqI

I hope you understand what I mean. First, the camera is near the right fan, second, it's moved to the left. Are all MBPs like this?

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
weird, my left fan is broken, im assuming you tell right and left from when you are sitting in front of it looking at the screen, err, power button would be right side, power plug left correct?

anyway, going to change mine out tomorrow, cause i dont want to be without it for two weeks...

other

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 18, 2005
Its a bit hard to tell from that vid......my MB fan rattles quite a lot at lower speeds.....i have a feeling i have a broken fan on the way........

Both fans are running at the same speed, so they should sound the same, I would think.

im assuming you tell right and left from when you are sitting in front of it looking at the screen, err, power button would be right side, power plug left correct?

That's correct.

dooker777

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2007
I just had a broken fan fixed. It started getting louder while at idle. It was a clicking or buzzing sound. Then I decided to do a little Handbrake session. The fan(s) started screeching. So I shut it down and send it off to get fixed. Don't fry your MoBo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.