Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sossity

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 12, 2010
I have a question about this phone. The allow calls from other devices toggle is completely missing from the phone settings on my dads iPhone XS with iOS 16.0.2.

This is my dads phone, it is his only apple device. The things is, when I tired to make a call on his phone to my iPhone for testing purposes, all my other apple devices began to ring as well.

My iPhone has this option, but it is completely missing from his phone.

Last edited:

BigBlur

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2021
I’m pretty sure it only shows up if you have other devices linked to your Apple ID. Since your dad only has an iPhone, there’s no need to show that option.

Sossity

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 12, 2010
I’m pretty sure it only shows up if you have other devices linked to your Apple ID. Since your dad only has an iPhone, there’s no need to show that option.
Ok, thanks, that clears that up, but why do my devices ring? when I was doing the test call from his phone to mine, my iPad began to ring.

BigBlur

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2021
Ok, thanks, that clears that up, but why do my devices ring? when I was doing the test call from his phone to mine, my iPad began to ring.
That’s the purpose of that toggle. When it’s toggled on, you can make and receive calls on your other devices. Your phone basically acts as a relay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.