Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Buadhai

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2018
Korat, Thailand
My wife has an iPhone 13 running 15.4.1.

She is a busy attorney who seems to get phone calls constantly, day and night. We're having a horrible time getting Do Not Disturb to block phone calls at night. The "Driving" focus also fails to block incoming calls. The problem seems to be that Allow Repeated Calls keeps turning itself back on.

Last week we were in the car for six hours and the incoming calls were incessant. I finally figured out that Allow Repeated Calls was turned on. (My wife was unaware that such a setting existed.) So, I turned it off. Finally, some relief.

Last night, in the middle of the night, a call from Norway came in. We couldn't figure out how this could happen. Sure enough, when I checked Allow Repeated Calls, it was turned back on. I didn't do it and I'm sure my wife didn't do it.

So, why does this happen?

• Angry
Reactions: Itinj24

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
My wife has an iPhone 13 running 15.4.1.

She is a busy attorney who seems to get phone calls constantly, day and night. We're having a horrible time getting Do Not Disturb to block phone calls at night. The "Driving" focus also fails to block incoming calls. The problem seems to be that Allow Repeated Calls keeps turning itself back on.

Last week we were in the car for six hours and the incoming calls were incessant. I finally figured out that Allow Repeated Calls was turned on. (My wife was unaware that such a setting existed.) So, I turned it off. Finally, some relief.

Last night, in the middle of the night, a call from Norway came in. We couldn't figure out how this could happen. Sure enough, when I checked Allow Repeated Calls, it was turned back on. I didn't do it and I'm sure my wife didn't do it.

So, why does this happen?
There is something seriously wrong with the toggles in iOS 15. I get this a lot with alarm and many other sliders in the Home app.

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
There is something seriously wrong with the toggles in iOS 15. I get this a lot with alarm and many other sliders in the Home app.
I have noticed that I need to toggle a switch and then the option will take effect.

Reactions: Buadhai

JonaM

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2017
It's worth checking your focus settings as if you are switching between focus modes that will be changing the do-not-disturb settings each time it switches so if the focus mode has 'Allow repeat calls' it will be switched back on when that focus is activated

Reactions: Buadhai

Buadhai

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2018
Korat, Thailand
It's worth checking your focus settings as if you are switching between focus modes that will be changing the do-not-disturb settings each time it switches so if the focus mode has 'Allow repeat calls' it will be switched back on when that focus is activated

I checked her focus settings. She only has two active: Do Not Disturb and Driving. Both have "Allow Repeated Calls" disabled. I toggled them both.

We'll see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.