Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

piecookie

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2012
Hey

I'll recieve my iPhone Xs tomorrow. I'm pretty excited. However, I have been having some buyers remorse as of today because of this:

I updated my iPhone 7 to iOS 12 this afternoon and my god has it made the phone fast, the difference is insane. It's so snappy now, and with touch ID it's just working flawless.

So... I'm worried the Xs will be a downgrade when it comes to real world usage, and my biggest worry is FaceID not being fast enough? I just can't see how it would compete with the speed of TouchID.

I know this sounds ridiculous, but can anyone help convince me that this is indeed worth it.
Money isn't the issue, it's just the ease of use I'm worried about. Add some OCD to that and that gives you this thread.

Many thanks!

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
After using face id since I got my X on launch day last year it has become so convenient that I honestly don't think you could pay me to go back to touch ID.

I'm sure you will be fine it's a big upgrade from your 7.

Reactions: lawrencejuliano

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I love FaceID, and I have no desire to go back to TouchID or to a Home button. I also love the swipe gesture interface. No one can convince you. You have 14 days to try it out: you should have a good idea whether you like it or not within that time period. Give it the full two weeks.

Reactions: a reader

lookn4wifi

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
A fresh battery and iOS 12 update and my 6s has a new lease on life. Looking forward to the Xs however.

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
Hey

I'll recieve my iPhone Xs tomorrow. I'm pretty excited. However, I have been having some buyers remorse as of today because of this:

I updated my iPhone 7 to iOS 12 this afternoon and my god has it made the phone fast, the difference is insane. It's so snappy now, and with touch ID it's just working flawless.

So... I'm worried the Xs will be a downgrade when it comes to real world usage, and my biggest worry is FaceID not being fast enough? I just can't see how it would compete with the speed of TouchID.

I know this sounds ridiculous, but can anyone help convince me that this is indeed worth it.
Money isn't the issue, it's just the ease of use I'm worried about. Add some OCD to that and that gives you this thread.

Many thanks!
It seems your sub-conscious mind has convinced yourself to keep your iPhone 7. (It's amazing what out inner thoughts tells us which we never pay attention to. Learning to trust that inner voice will help save you money on therapy)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.