Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Omicron777

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2024
Hey, been a long time lurker on here but decided to make an account to see if anyone has some insight on this as Mac/Apple people are more of the target of Alogic Clarity displays.

As mentioned in the news, Alogic released a 32" version of their 27" clarity display with some rather interesting specs. There is not really a lot of info on these displays though despite being one of the few glossy monitors on the market.

1. Anyone have an idea what panel they are using in these monitors? I know that the 27" model likely uses an AUO panel as they mention "AHVA" on the description of it. The 32" one just generically mentions "IPS" with no indication to the manufacturer. Even more strangely, there is another 32" glossy panel with different specs offered by Kuycon with 1:1200 contrast and 500 nits which indicates yet another manufacturer.

2. The specs sheet on this monitor explicitly mentions a rather high 1:3000 contrast ratio, which I assumed is BS until you look some reviews of similar "IPS Black" style displays such as the Eizo EV3240X - could this be some sort of new refinement which allows for higher static contrast than 1:2000? I believe BOE and AUO were working towards higher contrast ratings, and this would not be CSOT as this is an IPS screen and not VA.

3. There's no info on this at all for either the 27" or 32" - do these displays use PWM or DC backlight dimming? Anyone with the 27" able to share their experiences with possible flicker?

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.