Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patrickdunn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Does anybody know if the Alpine Interface Cable:

9218189_sb.jpg

can transmit the audio from MLB Audio App to my Stereo, or does it only pick up songs from the iPod?

patrickdunn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
I currently have this cable to play music from my 30gb iPod and my friends iPhone 3g. This cable allows my head-unit to control the iPod/iPhone.

So we have established that you can use this to play music/charge iPods/iPhones, but can you use it with the MLB Gameday App for Audio?

cualexander

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2006
Charlotte, NC
If it's any help I have an Alpine X100 headunit that has a USB to Dock connector cable and it plays songs directly on the headunit from my iphone 3G and if I pause the iPod playback, I get all the other audio out from the my iPhone. I listen to Slacker radio on it all the time and it works great.

dsjr2006

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
Metro Detroit
Does anybody know if the Alpine Interface Cable:

9218189_sb.jpg

can transmit the audio from MLB Audio App to my Stereo, or does it only pick up songs from the iPod?

Unfortunately because this is only made to play audio from the iPod app in order to get audio from other apps you have to start then stop a song in the ipod app, exit to the app you want to use then you can use it for audio from apps other than iPod.

cualexander

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Unfortunately because this is only made to play audio from the iPod app in order to get audio from other apps you have to start then stop a song in the ipod app, exit to the app you want to use then you can use it for audio from apps other than iPod.

That used to be true.... but 3.0 changed that for me. Now it loads the ipod app in the background no matter what app I am in, when in the 2.0 firmware it would quit whatever app I was in, load the ipod app, and then I'd have to go back to my original app. Now I just have to pause the song when the ipod starts playing. That's how it works on my x100 anyhow and its much better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.