Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VitoBotta

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2020
Espoo, Finland
Hi, I just ordered the AirPods but I am worried that I will have problems with the Bluetooth of my M1 Mac Mini. I'm already having frequent issues with the Magic Mouse & Keyboard (1st gen), and need to restart the BT module every now and then to fix it.

I was wondering whether there is a recommended non-Apple, USB Bluetooth receiver that I could try to see if it works better than the built in one? I would like a stable connection for these devices and the Pods. Thanks!

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
I have this one from TP Link. It's BT4.0, but it's very good on my Windows PC - reliable/stable connection & fast switching to my AirPods Pro (I don't use it for any other devices). Almost makes the PC seem like it's on IOS. But the motherboard's Bluetooth chip makes the difference here, so ymmv...

Looks like they have a BT5.0 model now...

VitoBotta

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2020
Espoo, Finland
Thanks, they are not expensive apparently. Before I buy one I am trying something I read in various places, that is I have disabled the 2.4GHz band in my wireless router as they say that it can cause problems with BT.

Fortheweak

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2022
Hi,
@Ralfi can you tell me how did you proceed with your AirPods Pro and your UB400 ? I bought the same dongle but I can't make it work, even with TPlink drivers installed (W10).
I successfully paired the airpods with the bluetooth dongle but then it doesn't show the AirPods in the audio devices.
It might have something to do with handfree function who sometimes appear with suuuper bad sound quality and sometimes don't even show up.
I'm up for any kind of advice at this point honnestly
Best regards,
JG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.