Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Like others on the forum, my Magic Mouse has recently become useless to use with the iPad. For some reason, it barely moves and won’t really track at all.

I recently bought the Logitech i345 mouse to use with my iPad Pro and Magic Keyboard. It works perfectly for tracking and has some features that you can customize to your personal preferences. Both left and right buttons are nice and quiet. It has a flatter appearance than most mice but makes it easier to fit in a pouch. The only con is that the scroll wheel seems less responsive and not fast enough for me. I can make it scroll more lines by going to the settings in my PC laptop but I can see no options that affect this on the iPad. For now, I think it’s the best mouse option for my iPad Pro.

Reactions: jazz1

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I have no problem using the trackpad with the Magic Keyboard but sometimes, especially in Word or Excel, I just prefer the precision of a mouse when highlighting, cutting and pasting - so off to find an alternative to the Magic mouse which is total garbage in my book - awful shape, super noisy and lousy tracking.

I know my original post says how much I like the Pebble mouse to go with my iPad. However, the flatness of it bugged my wrist after using it a short period of time. I went in search of an alternative and after a few tries of different mice, I am super happy with the Logitech M650 mouse. It comes in multi colors and configurations to suit both left or right handed use and also has the “L” version for large hands. I have a medium woman’s hand with long fingers and the regular size fits me perfectly. It is super quiet with the clicks - when I say super quiet, I mean no sound at all. It’s a keeper for me! 😀😃😄

Last edited:
Reactions: Isamilis

NorrisKillsKids

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
I always liked the MX Anywhere Master 3 for my mousing needs. The Mac version. The scroll wheel is perfect and includes customizations. Up to 3 devices. Not too small and not too big, hate bulbous big mice and tiny mobile ones. Good feel. Multiple device support, etc.

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
I always liked the MX Anywhere Master 3 for my mousing needs. The Mac version. The scroll wheel is perfect and includes customizations. Up to 3 devices. Not too small and not too big, hate bulbous big mice and tiny mobile ones. Good feel. Multiple device support, etc.

Agree with this - love the Master 3.

Jonr515

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2017
Midwest!
I have the MX Master 2 and none of the function buttons work on my iPad. Am I doing something wrong?

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I have the MX Master 2 and none of the function buttons work on my iPad. Am I doing something wrong?
You have to go in and program the buttons under the settings app in Accessibility. The problem I had was that once I had the assistive touch programmed the normal functions of select and cut/paste didn’t work in Word. So for me it was a waste for all the buttons.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
So accessibility doesn't recognize the buttons/wheels etc?
It does. But the regular buttons that you don’t program won’t work correctly when you try to highlight, then copy/paste. It’s really weird. At least this is the problem I had with multiple mice and the iPad.

JD2015

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
MX master iOS app is long over due from Logitech, especially for the price they charge.

Wagadesa

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2018
The Microsoft Arc Mouse (Bluetooth) is my goto device. The Apple Magic mouse ergonomics just don’t work for me.

Reactions: Nhwhazup
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.