Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mozz2020

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2009
UK
Hi - I have a basic website that I developed in Adobe Muse. I want to cancel my creative cloud subscription but would like to continue to maintain my site.

Any recommendations for alternative website editors that are easy to use?

Thanks

Keith

fde101

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2017
There are a few around - I haven't tried these, but a quick Google search turned up a few to consider:

RapidWeaver (on app store - not free, but there is apparently a free trial version on their web site)
SeaMonkey (free - Mozilla)
Amaya (free - W3C)

Again, I haven't tried these myself so not necessarily a recommendation, just pointing out that there are a host of them out there and they are not hard to find.

Also, there is another related thread already out there - https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/adobe-muse-alternative.1899333/

mozz2020

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2009
UK
Thanks for the info. I saw that post, just wondered if there was any more people with experience of jumping ship.

I'll take a look at those suggestions.

satchmo

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
Webflow is pretty awesome...but it's subscription based as well.

That said, I'm curious to hear an honest opinon of Muse from a web developer.

I know many say the code generated is not the cleanest, but they also have a vested interest to not promote something that might make them less necessary.

olup

Cancelled
Oct 11, 2011
Webflow is pretty awesome...but it's subscription based as well.

That said, I'm curious to hear an honest opinon of Muse from a web developer.

I know many say the code generated is not the cleanest, but they also have a vested interest to not promote something that might make them less necessary.
I switched from Sublime Text 3 to Visual Studio Code about 3 months ago, much faster and nicer to work with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.