Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tosbsas

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 22, 2008
Lima, Peru
I have bought boom 3D for my intel MBP and it worked fine. With my new mpb m2 is sometimes locking up my machine giving me the beachball and no way to turn off any app. Only solution is pressing the poweebutton for a long time.

Anyone knows an alternative to Boom 3D or to kill all apps when keyboard and else is not doing anything, only highlighting apps

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
You sure you have the Apple Silicon version of Boom 3D installed and not the Intel version running in Rosetta?

PieceOfCake

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2022
I have bought boom 3D for my intel MBP and it worked fine. With my new mpb m2 is sometimes locking up my machine giving me the beachball and no way to turn off any app. Only solution is pressing the poweebutton for a long time.

Anyone knows an alternative to Boom 3D or to kill all apps when keyboard and else is not doing anything, only highlighting apps
I can highly recommend eqMac to you.

eqmac.app

The basic functions of the app are free (profiles, equalizer...), the UI I find much more intuitive compared to Boom 3D and from my point of view the eqMac allows a much better sound. I've been using the app for years on my M1 MacBook without any problems.

tosbsas

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 22, 2008
Lima, Peru
works cool, only thing I don't like - listening to music I get a crrrrr sound when another app sends a sound signal. That worked better with boom

greyeyezz

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2017
I switched to eqmac from boom2. Boom would lock up all videos, tech support was nonexist.

tosbsas

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 22, 2008
Lima, Peru
Today I used FaceTime and my Partners Said they hear me very low on volume. Turning eqmac of fixed that inmediatly. Any idea. Haven’t had this Problem with Zoom

Reactions: Spishak

Spishak

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2019
Today I used FaceTime and my Partners Said they hear me very low on volume. Turning eqmac of fixed that inmediatly. Any idea. Haven’t had this Problem with Zoom
I am getting the low microphone audio with WhatsApp calls. I haven’t tried FaceTime as yet. The other person can barely hear my voice until I quit eqmac. Then it becomes clear. If you or anyone found a solution, it would be greatly appreciated if you can share it. I really like eqmac but this is annoying because I can hear the other person’s voice clearly. I don’t know what other methods to try at this point.

tosbsas

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 22, 2008
Lima, Peru
I am getting the low microphone audio with WhatsApp calls. I haven’t tried FaceTime as yet. The other person can barely hear my voice until I quit eqmac. Then it becomes clear. If you or anyone found a solution, it would be greatly appreciated if you can share it. I really like eqmac but this is annoying because I can hear the other person’s voice clearly. I don’t know what other methods to try at this point.
I am testing sound source - way better

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.