Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stevep

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 13, 2004
UK
If I buy a mac Mini it seems logical to buy a usb Apple keyboard as well, knowing that they are good quality and only around £17 in the UK. (I don't want a BT keyboard as I want to get a Belkin KVM switch so I can use a winXP box as well).

But can anyone recommend any other decent quality, good looking keyboards that are better than the standard Apple model?

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
I don't think there are any...

I got the Apple USB keyboard for my father in law's mini, and that keyboard was delicious, really solid and a very nice feel to it...

An added bonus is the two (unpowered) USB ports it includes, that you can plug your mouse into, saving the other (powered) USB port for something else...

I also think you'd miss the apple button if you got a generic PC keyboard...

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
I have an old iMediaKey keyboard (or something like that) at work. I liked it initially since it came with all these extra buttons to control volume, open applications, blah blah, but after using it for awhile, I actually like my Apple keyboard at home better. Just a nicer feel.

The mouse, however...

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
I don't think there are any...

I got the Apple USB keyboard for my father in law's mini, and that keyboard was delicious, really solid and a very nice feel to it...

An added bonus is the two (unpowered) USB ports it includes, that you can plug your mouse into, saving the other (powered) USB port for something else...

I also think you'd miss the apple button if you got a generic PC keyboard...

The Logitech Elite Keyboard is Apple/PC USB compatible, it also has the apple key sets. I think i paid $25 USD for one a few months ago. At the moment its on the PC, i actually prefer the Apple Keyboard, but there are others like that logitech out there.

Ed

panphage

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2003
My three favorite keyboards, in order of preference:
1. Matias Tactile Pro
2. AluBook keyboard (a VERY close second)
3. Apple Pro keyboard

Sorry, I'm not very helpful. You can frequently find the Pro keyboards on ebay here in the states. Not sure about in the UK. The Tactile Pro is *expensive* but worth every single penny. Of course, I got it for less than the $100 MSRP. In-depth review here: http://derek.trideja.com/review/tactilepro/

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
I like Kensington's slim Mac keyboard. It is very light and slim and is very easy to move it around the desk or stash it under the iCurve stand. Good feel when you type. I like Apple keyboard as well (I have both wired and BT ones). I hope Gyration also makes its keyboard/mouse combo for Mac.

stevep

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 13, 2004
UK
Really helpful replies you guys - thanks. It sounds as though I won't go far wrong buying an Apple k/b, but I'll certainly look at all the suggestions made above.

stevep

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.