Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

icanhazmac

Contributor
Original poster
Apr 11, 2018
All, I have just about had it with Apple Music as a player/manager of my library. I have multiple split artists, split albums, missing artwork etc. and the symptoms, oddly, can be different between devices, ex: album split on phone but not on mac.

First off, does anyone know tricks to fix the above? I'd be willing to give them a try versus going to a 3rd party app. Yes I have tried some of the obvious web search items for all 3 problems.

Secondly, have any of you bailed on AM and moved to another app that can work across a Mac/iPad/iPhone?

PS - My library is 99% ripped from my CDs.

Many thanks.

Edit: Yes, I see that one could use Spotify (so I assume Pandora too) but I won't pay a subscription for the pleasure of playing my already purchased content.

Last edited:

WebHead

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2004
I've been with iTunes Match from the start, and it's been mainly smooth sailing (though I do have a bunch of duplicate tracks left over from a sync issue that I need to eventually identify and delete).

This is through several instances of activating and cancelling AM subscriptions.

One thing I do, however, is keep my iTunes Match and AM tracks separate, as I've heard of too many nightmares when they're combined in the same library. I basically just search and stream everything, no downloading of AM tracks to "My Library".

BMox81

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2014
United Kingdom
All, I have just about had it with Apple Music as a player/manager of my library. I have multiple split artists, split albums, missing artwork etc. and the symptoms, oddly, can be different between devices, ex: album split on phone but not on mac.

First off, does anyone know tricks to fix the above? I'd be willing to give them a try versus going to a 3rd party app. Yes I have tried some of the obvious web search items for all 3 problems.

Secondly, have any of you bailed on AM and moved to another app that can work across a Mac/iPad/iPhone?

PS - My library is 99% ripped from my CDs.

Many thanks.

Edit: Yes, I see that one could use Spotify (so I assume Pandora too) but I won't pay a subscription for the pleasure of playing my already purchased content.
You can use YouTube Music - they allow you to upload your content for free.

Just make sure your metadata is correct before uploading.

swandy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2012
I have similar issues (mainly I believe because I use the AM on macOS to add and delete albums - mainly from Apple Music but a decent amount that I ripped or downloaded over the years. But I think my issues are caused by the fact that I love to change the Genre and the Album Artist of various albums. I think my changes - which are always done on my iMac - just confuse the system when these albums are synced to my iPad and iPhone (both of which generally show the same errors).

ukbootlegs

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2019
United Kingdom
I’ve recently started using Plexamp to do just this. I still pay for Spotify (Apple doesn’t do what I want) to stream new stuff that I don’t own or have ripped

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.