Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
It looks like Zite might be officially dead.. The website is not coming up and the app on both my iPhone and iPad are not connecting.

So, having said that, other than flipboard anybody else have any other news/story apps that are like Zite that they would like to share.

**Updated**

Looks like the site is back up now.......

Last edited:

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
Well right before I was going to delete the app, I fired it up, and there was again content and then I went to the site and it is back up. I am wondering if they had an issue with their servers.

I do know their days are numbered though so I am still looking for an alternative. :(

JoEw

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2009
It's sad Zite is dying, its a much better app than Flipboard in my view and has superior algorithm for stories. Definitely my top 5 used apps of the last couple years.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
It's sad Zite is dying, its a much better app than Flipboard in my view and has superior algorithm for stories. Definitely my top 5 used apps of the last couple years.

You and me both. I have not found the "joy" if you will of working with flipboard like i did with Zite.

I just signed up with Prismatic, so far the only complaint I have is, there is way to much sharing on social media or starting a conversation on the topic or story you just read.

Ugh...... Of course this one complaint may drive me away from the product, but they do seem to have quite a few topics. Again, I am just testing driving it right now.

Last edited:

JoEw

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2009
You and me both. I have not found the "joy" if you will of working with flipboard like i did with Zite.

I just signed with Prismatic, so far the only complaint I have is, there is way to much sharing on social media or starting a conversation on the topic or story you just read.

Ugh...... Of course this one complaint may drive me away from the product, but they do seem to have quite a few topics. Again, I am just testing driving it right now.

I like the Google News app that just came out, not zite but a nice interface

JuryDuty

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2014
Texas
I hope not! It's one of my favorite apps on my iPad. I use it daily. SOOO much better than Flipboard IMO as well as others.

Is there news that it's dying? I had no idea.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
I like the Google News app that just came out, not zite but a nice interface

Great, I will take a look at it.

I hope not! It's one of my favorite apps on my iPad. I use it daily. SOOO much better than Flipboard IMO as well as others.

Is there news that it's dying? I had no idea.

There has been talk by ZITE (foreseeable future, is used alot in the FAQ section), that it will be closed, since they were purchased by CNN. We don't know when though. I thought the day may have come when I first made the above post. But it looked liked they were having issues with the server or doing and update. I don't know but it is back up for now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.