Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Coffee_Time

Cancelled
Original poster
Nov 22, 2017
What's yours thoughts?
Update after 4 pages of discussions, here are some arguments :
Oled, telephoto sensor, stainless steel, better size, maybe some extra software features. Rumors are also an extra 2GB of ram. All of this for 299$ more? I'll take it any day!

Last edited:

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
I don't think it's a scam at all. I do think Apple should eliminate the 64GB choices on all models and make 128GB the minimum. It's been discussed and griped about before (12 months ago to be exact!) but it really does feel like a way to soft-force people to pay up for the next tier of storage. The margin on the must be enormous for Apple.

rumz

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
So what are the primary differences between the 11 and 11 Pro?

- Screen (OLED vs LCD, higher pixel density on Pro)
- Third camera on Pro.

What other real substantial differences are there between the 2 in terms of hardware / capability?

I'm honestly considering going from the XS Max to the 11 (non-Pro). Only thing I can think I will occasionally notice is the lack of "telephoto" lens.

Coffee_Time

Cancelled
Original poster
Nov 22, 2017
He thinks it’s a SCAM. Do you hear that? A SCAM.
I really think pro and max worth the money, but 11 don't.
[doublepost=1568145955][/doublepost]
If it’s a scam what was last years XR? This years is better and cheaper? Explain?
Compared to pro and max. Not last years XR.
For 300$ you get way more with the pro. This is my feeling based on the event.
For the moment we know about display, camera and stainless steel. But let's see what appears on the next days. Also design wise. Imagine walking in the mall with your phone over the face and others see 2 cameras instead of 3 and sticking to your face a POOR sticker just like those stickers when you have Samsung and the ones with apples stick it to your face.

Last edited:

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
It's a bit disappointing that the display is the same. I was hoping for a higher PPI on this year's model.
[doublepost=1568144737][/doublepost]That being said, at $699 it's not a scam. Wish I could say the same about Apple offering that same 64 GB at $1,099. ;)
Agree. At least contrast and NITS are better, but I didn't see anything mentioned about refresh rate at all.

Reactions: Coffee_Time

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
I really think pro and max worth the money, but 11 don't.
[doublepost=1568145955][/doublepost]
Compared to pro and max. Not last years XR.
For 300$ you get way more with the pro. This is my feeling based on the event.
For the moment we know about display, camera and stainless steel. But let's see what appears on the next days. Also design wise. Imagine walking in the mall with your phone over the face and others see 2 cameras instead of 3 and sticking to your face a POOR sticker just like those stickers when you have Samsung and the ones with apples stick it to your face.

I disagree it’s £350 for OLED and one extra camera that’s the SCAM. iPhone 11 is a bargain

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I saw the $699 price and thought wow it’ll be £699 which would be welcome, but no it’s £729. It must be the first time ever the price hasn’t been like for like with the pound and dollar.

aFlockaCgulz

Suspended
Aug 21, 2019
Personally, I don’t think it’s a scam.

Why do YOU think it’s a scam? It’s 90% of the performance/features for something like 70% of the cost.

I’d wager that 99% of people who see you with a phone to your face do not give one crap about how many cameras your phone has.

Reactions: jeremiah256
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.