Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kipepeo7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2014
Hi I have just registered as I saw a few postings about why the option always allow is no longer on the I cloud keychain. I have iOS 7.1.2 on my iPad Air and iOS 7.1.1 on my iPhone 5 c but no option on either. I cloud is not saving all my passwords anyone out there who can help???? I want to allow!

Jaguarr40

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2014
Sarasota, Florida
First of well Welcome to MacRumors. I would suggest you update your iPhone to the latest IOS and as far as not allowing I am not quite sure what you want to allow but you can go into settings under each app and fine tune your settings from each one in case you missed something or they did take away Always Allow. Hope this helps.

Kipepeo7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2014
Allow to save passwords

Hi Jag. Many thanks for speedy reply. I want to save my passwords but I cloud has only saved a few from my initial setting up and the option underneath names and passwords " always allow" is no more so how do I get it to save my passwords? Update my iPad Air and I phone 5 c ok I only purchased my iPad Air a week ago how come it came without the latest update? Cheers ! As a newbie with tech stuff how do I update the devices please?

Jaguarr40

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2014
Sarasota, Florida
Hi Jag. Many thanks for speedy reply. I want to save my passwords but I cloud has only saved a few from my initial setting up and the option underneath names and passwords " always allow" is no more so how do I get it to save my passwords? Update my iPad Air and I phone 5 c ok I only purchased my iPad Air a week ago how come it came without the latest update? Cheers ! As a newbie with tech stuff how do I update the devices please?

First to update your devices plug them into the latest version of iTunes and once it recognizes the device if there is an update it will tell you and click on backup and update. Make sure you backup first. It most likely was built before the new update came out and that is no big deal.

As far as saving your passwords if you are talking about individual apps you can delete them and reboot the device to clear cache, reinstall and hopefully that option will return and if not which I never liked to do anyway I would turn on Passcode and assign your devices a 4 digit password so that every time you access it you have to put in your password which makes it much more secure. Good luck and let me know how you made out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.