Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kingrusso

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2023
Hey there.
Just bought apple watch ultra 1 at discount price, could not refuse it.
First thing I noticed that my morning alarm did not go on the watch but did on the phone.
Second thing my AOD turns off its self within 10-20 sec.
No I am not in theater mode or DnD. Yes its turned in both AWU settings and in phone app.
Yes I did try to reset, erase, pair & unpair the watch.
Saddest thing that I started to like the watch but within day it turns out to be faulty product and if true it will take me around week and half to get it replaced..
What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_0379.png
    IMG_0379.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 137

okkibs

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2022
Disable wrist detection in the passcode settings temporarily. Does it work now? If it does, re-enable it and have someone without tattoos put it on. If it works just fine then, the issue will be with the tattoo. It does affect AOD.

Reactions: Kingrusso

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
What it has to do with tattoos, maybe the readings of hearbeat and ecg. But AOD should not have anything to do with tattoos
Tattoos can interfere with the ability of the watch to detect heartbeat. When it doesn't detect heartbeat, it decides it must not be on your wrist, so it turns off the screen. The solution, as the other poster said, is to turn wrist detection off. However, I believe without wrist detection, some functions, like Apple Pay, doesn't work.

Reactions: Kingrusso
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.