Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brinary001

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
Midwest, USA
I didn't see any official Apple music forums, so I chose iOS 9 as hopefully being the closest appropriate category. So I noticed I am being routinely billed several dollars about once or twice a week by iTunes even after I signed up for Apple Music. Of course, everyone is in the free trial right now, so it's not coming from that. The only thing I can think of is that it's from the songs I'm adding from Apple's servers into my own account.

However, it was my understanding that you could stream all of Apple's songs Spotify-style for that one low monthly payment, correct? :confused:

torukawahata

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2015
I don't think so! I have several times made music available offline and never been charged! You could check your mail receipt to see what they are charging you for :)

JSB1540

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2015
I didn't see any official Apple music forums, so I chose iOS 9 as hopefully being the closest appropriate category. So I noticed I am being routinely billed several dollars about once or twice a week by iTunes even after I signed up for Apple Music. Of course, everyone is in the free trial right now, so it's not coming from that. The only thing I can think of is that it's from the songs I'm adding from Apple's servers into my own account.

However, it was my understanding that you could stream all of Apple's songs Spotify-style for that one low monthly payment, correct? :confused:
You shouldn't be, look in your purchase history on your itunes account, it will show any charges and what they are for.

brinary001

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
Midwest, USA
This may sound dumb. But are you using iTunes and buying songs thinking you get them for free because of Apple Music?

If so, you use Music app to access Apple Music and not iTunes.
Haha no I don't think so. Because the only way I could do would be to click the $1.29 button next to songs right?

But I'm gonna do what JSB1540 said and check my purchase history.

brinary001

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
Midwest, USA
Just checked my purchase history, and, after studying it for a little bit saw the same couple of weekly recurring, in-app subscriptions I must've forgotten about...

I'm deeply embarrassed :oops:, and just as deeply sorry to have wasted anyone's time on this very much non-issue.

Reactions: 0000757
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.