Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wastedplacidity

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2021
I'm not an Apple hater by any means. I've used Apple products for 17 years since I was 11 with my first iPod. I've just found as of late with my first Samsung phone and a new Windows PC that I prefer things on those two platforms. Not to say iOS and Mac OS isn't fantastic though. I just feel that everybody is using Apple products and are extremely devoted to them and I'm wondering if I'm missing something. Mostly with iOS I had been using it for a decade and it just seemed pretty stale and stagnated to me.

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
In the end, you use what fits your needs. If Windows and Android work for you, that's fine. For others, Apple is what they prefer. Other people prefer mixed systems, or even linux. Some people prefer certain things based on principles as well. Nobody is right nor wrong.

In the end, these are just tools, so you pick the tools that work for you. :)

CANXOR

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2021
Not at all. Each has their pros and cons.

I like immersing myself in Linux, and just gaming on Windows... so I have a dual-boot system with Pop!_OS and Windows 10. I also have an M1 MacBook Air and an iPhone 12, and a few other Apple products.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
These products are crazy expensive, why spend your hard earned money on something that you don't like? Get what you like, or need or what best fits.

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
Short answer is "nope"
I've heard this asked the other way around as well.... people have tried iPhone and have been intrigued by that. I've known a few in college (students, TAs, and professors alike) who tried MacOS and really enjoyed it to the point where "you could take their macbooks from their cold dead hands".

I myself have been on Android for a decade, but have started off on Samsung phones, then LG, and now trying out the Google Pixel. I used to play A LOT of games on iPod Touch 5 and iPad Air (1st gen, from 2013!), had a lot of fun there (nearly 6 years), but the past couple of years, that's down to nearly 0!

ntotrr

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2021
Kingsport, TN
I'm new to Apple, got a 27" iMac a few months ago after using Windows and building my own PCs for around 25 years. I went with the 27" 2020 iMac so I have the option of running Windows. I'm retired so my computer is for non-work related things, mostly photo processing and editing. I have to say that I find I have no reason to run Windows on my iMac. I'm really enjoying using it. I upgraded the RAM to 32GB from the factory 8GB and Photoshop runs really fast now. I still have my Windows laptop and my Windows desktop but they aren't getting any use lately, and the laptop never saw much use anyway as I prefer to use a desktop.

I do use an Android phone, a OnePlus 7 Pro McLaren. I've never used an iPhone and am quite happy with my Android but I may consider an iPhone in the future.

EddieKeyton1

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2021
I'm not an Apple hater by any means. I've used Apple products for 17 years since I was 11 with my first iPod. I've just found as of late with my first Samsung phone and a new Windows PC that I prefer things on those two platforms. Not to say iOS and Mac OS isn't fantastic though. I just feel that everybody is using Apple products and are extremely devoted to them and I'm wondering if I'm missing something. Mostly with iOS I had been using it for a decade and it just seemed pretty stale and stagnated to me.

I’ve had a smartphone since they’ve been released. I have this problem of getting bored with one system and switching to the other. Each time I tell myself I won’t ever go back. When that honeymoon phase ends though. I always switch lol. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with it. It’s whatever suits your taste during that season.

Reactions: ackmondual

slitherjef

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2012
Earth
What?! o_O I've alerted the proper parties to remedy this situation! :oops:

Just kidding. I don't think there nothing wrong using what you want to use... Unless you're being forced? I'm sure apple makes stuff people want to use. However their stuff is not for me. I do look occasionally but can't get on board. Not keen on Microsoft stuff either but might have to start looking at their stuff again. Linux is only getting me so far.

Use what works for you ?

• Haha
Reactions: Lukkee24

skaertus

macrumors 601
Feb 23, 2009
Brazil
No, you are not crazy at all. It is a matter of personal preference. Since I started using OS X, back in 2008, I feel that it is equivalent to Windows, and not objectively better. As for Android, I felt that it was lacking in the past, but that it has evolved so much over the years that now it is comparable to iOS. As of now, I think both macOS and iOS are overrated and that they do not justify much of a price premium. So, I think it is pretty much plausible to think that Windows and Android are better than macOS and iOS and vice-versa.

Reactions: ackmondual
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.