Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XciteMePls

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
Hello all... Am I doing something wrong or is it just a bug Apple hasn't fixed yet? Every single time I go in Bluetooth settings while playing my AirPods Pro (new model w/ MagSafe case) and iPhone 13 Pro, it never remembers what I assigned each Stem to do (Siri or Noise Control). I want Right to be Siri, and Left to be Noise Control with only On and Off.

Once I remove my AirPods or pair them with something else, and re-connect them, it goes back to Noise Control for both, which is frustrating.

Please help?

Reactions: Jeber

secretk

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2018
Hello all... Am I doing something wrong or is it just a bug Apple hasn't fixed yet? Every single time I go in Bluetooth settings while playing my AirPods Pro (new model w/ MagSafe case) and iPhone 13 Pro, it never remembers what I assigned each Stem to do (Siri or Noise Control). I want Right to be Siri, and Left to be Noise Control with only On and Off.

Once I remove my AirPods or pair them with something else, and re-connect them, it goes back to Noise Control for both, which is frustrating.

Please help?
What do you mean by remove? I think that every time you reset the repairing process (so removing them from paired devices list) those settings get reset too.

I have not noticed issues for remembering those settings between connecting/disconnecting between devices.

I do have to reset them sometimes and unpair/pair them due to connection issues. In those cases I do need to set again my preferences for the stem operations.

Jeber

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2020
Richmond, Va
I experience the same, but that even happens if I unpair them then pair them to the same device again. Slightly frustrating but now I just reassign the settings every time I use them.

XciteMePls

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
What do you mean by remove? I think that every time you reset the repairing process (so removing them from paired devices list) those settings get reset too.

I have not noticed issues for remembering those settings between connecting/disconnecting between devices.

I do have to reset them sometimes and unpair/pair them due to connection issues. In those cases I do need to set again my preferences for the stem operations.
I didn't literally mean remove like unpair them. I just meant take them off and put them in the case. When I reconnect them, they lose their settings.

secretk

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2018
What is the firmware version that you use? Have you connected the AirPods Pro to more than one device?

I have an issue with FindMy (no option to select notification about left behind) so I chose to forget the Airpods Pro for the iPhone and then repair. When I did this I set some options like Left stem for Siri, Right stem for Noise cancellation/Transparency. I saw however that these settings would be overwritten if I reconnect.

Then I remembered that my AirPods Pro are also connected to the iPad and there the default settings were valid - both Left and Right for Noise cancellation. So I made sure to set the settings for both devices (iPad and iPhone) and then it stopped overwriting. This btw is a bug. I expect the settings on my iPhone to overwrite the ones on the iPad and vice versa. Meaning I expect if I set something for one device, my preferences to carry over to the other devices. However it seems that it does not work.

Can this be the case for you too?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.