Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Josh

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 4, 2004
State College, PA
I have my screensaver set to show a slideshow of my iPhoto library, and when I got out of the shower this morning, I noticed a very strange thing....

There was a blue, pixelated, Indian totem pole-like face on my screen. Then, it proceeded to the next slide which was one of my pictures - nothing abnormal. But then again on the next slide, it was another pixelated Indian-like face, this time it was red with orange/yellow hair.

The images of the faces were full-screened overtop of my regular images, and were very pixelated. A quite freaky surprise for me to see, to say the least. I have never seen these images before, and had no idea they were even on my computer. They are definitely NOT in my iPhoto library.

Anyone ever notice this, and what/why/how does it happen??

A search shows me that I am not alone: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/142110/ but no solution or reason was found.

:confused: :confused:

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
Josh said:
I have my screensaver set to show a slideshow of my iPhoto library, and when I got out of the shower this morning, I noticed a very strange thing....

There was a blue, pixelated, Indian totem pole-like face on my screen. Then, it proceeded to the next slide which was one of my pictures - nothing abnormal. But then again on the next slide, it was another pixelated Indian-like face, this time it was red with orange/yellow hair.

The images of the faces were full-screened overtop of my regular images, and were very pixelated. A quite freaky surprise for me to see, to say the least. I have never seen these images before, and had no idea they were even on my computer. They are definitely NOT in my iPhoto library.

Anyone ever notice this, and what/why/how does it happen??

A search shows me that I am not alone: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/142110/ but no solution or reason was found.

:confused: :confused:
I believe setting the screen saver to Photos, will look though the whole Photo folder that is in your Home Folder, not just your iPhoto library. It might be a bug that needs to be fixed. Let Apple know about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.