Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DoubleFlyaway

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 16, 2017
I’ve upgraded from 3rd generation to a 4K, and I guess I expected there to be a Home app on the 4K, similar to the phone/iPad app. I already had my iPads set up as hubs. Now, with the Apple TV, I’ve checked under iCloud, and I’m connected to Home. And— that’s it? There’s nowhere to select the Apple TV as a hub? Nowhere to control automations?

RWil85

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2010
I’ve upgraded from 3rd generation to a 4K, and I guess I expected there to be a Home app on the 4K, similar to the phone/iPad app. I already had my iPads set up as hubs. Now, with the Apple TV, I’ve checked under iCloud, and I’m connected to Home. And— that’s it? There’s nowhere to select the Apple TV as a hub? Nowhere to control automations?

I have an Apple TV 4 and I’m fairly certain the OS/capabilities should be the same..

Everything you’ve said is correct..as long as it says connected as a hub - you should be good to go.

The Home app and all control/setup should be done through an iOS device as far as I know.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012

Arrow in the upper right corner of the iOS Home app will show you connected hubs. It’s automatic, turn on a hub and it’s either connected or in standby if you have multiple hubs.

Control your automations via the AppleTV Siri remote. Hold the microphone button and say your scene or single command. Ex. “Good night”, “set thermostat to 68”, etc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.