Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IHoop

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2017
Chicago
So I picked up a 13 Pro and 13 Mini on launch day with the intent to try out the Mini just for the heck of it and keep the 13 Pro long term. I was coming from a 12 Pro Max and definitely wanted a smaller phone. I had assumed that I would find the Mini way too small And the Pro just right. Well, I was wrong…I LOVE THE 13 MINI! I had planned on returning the phone this weekend, but I don’t know if I can do it ?. I am so surprised by how much I love this little phone. With all that being said, my question to anyone out there is, has any anyone gone with the Mini and regretted 2 or 3 month in?

Phone Junky

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2011
Midwest
Everybody is different. How somebody else feels about a certain device has absolutely nothing to do with how you will feel. There are people that have 12 Minis that love them and don't want anything else and others that can't/won't use anything 'that small'. You'll get comments from both sides. How is that going to help your personal opinion and decision?

IJBrekke

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2009
Long Beach, CA
The majority of the “I’m switching away from the mini” posts on this forum have been about battery life. It looks like people struggled with that on the 12 mini and went larger next time around. So I think a lot of it is how you use your phone, plus how much. People that love the size continue to love it for the most part.

The 13 mini does show better battery life than last year’s regular 12.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Having both sizes in the house also made me think that I might pick up the Mini again next time (or whatever they call the smallest one when I upgrade).

Edit: fixed autocorrect nightmares.

Last edited:
Reactions: IHoop

IHoop

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2017
Chicago
Everybody is different. How somebody else feels about a certain device has absolutely nothing to do with how you will feel. There are people that have 12 Minis that love them and don't want anything else and others that can't/won't use anything 'that small'. You'll get comments from both sides. How is that going to help your personal opinion and decision?
Just sparking discussion. I’ll ultimately make the decision based on my own discernment. Wasn’t meant to be so serious.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.