Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikesGravity

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
Southeast MI
I'm really not liking the iPhone 15 Pro. Some of it is probably iOS 17 bugs but man, typing is still a chore, even after 17.1.1. It gets laggy and doesn't register touches always.

The audio recording automatically starts randomly in messages.

The animations get laggy.

In spotlight search some of my keys are highlighted for some reason.

I should have kept my 13 Pro - it was flawless (though I never had iOS 17 on it).

Just venting.

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
I'm really not liking the iPhone 15 Pro. Some of it is probably iOS 17 bugs but man, typing is still a chore, even after 17.1.1. It gets laggy and doesn't register touches always.

I should have kept my 13 Pro - it was flawless (though I never had iOS 17 on it).

Just venting.
I'm sure Apple will sort all this in future updates, seems like there is a 17.1.2 around the corner that may fix things for the users that have issues.

The 13 pro had its issues too when it was released with laggy screens, severe battery drain and so on.

MikesGravity

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
Southeast MI
I'm sure Apple will sort all this in future updates, seems like there is a 17.1.2 around the corner that may fix things for the users that have issues.

The 13 pro had its issues too when it was released with laggy screens, severe battery drain and so on.
Yeah I agree, it seems they all are kinda wonky until some of the first few updates. But I just feel like the 15 Pro is the most unpolished new release in a long time and it's a bummer. Hopefully it's all worked out soon.

hagjohn

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2006
Pennsylvania

Just venting.
Obviously, that is not normal. Just get it replaced.

Reactions: TracerAnalog

Dust-by-Monday

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2021
You should be able to have both!
There's a very good reason for the lag though. The screen refresh lowers to 1Hz to conserve battery, but when you wae it up, it shoots up to 120Hz really fast. I'm guessing that sometimes you catch it in the middle of a refresh cycle, so it has to play "catch-up" and therefore lags or skips the animation.

Not really sure if this is fixable, or just the nature of trying to run the screen at 1Hz.

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
People should stop saying "Am I the only one" when they are expressing a popular opinion, or at times even the majority opinion. Say it only when you see almost ZERO other person sharing the same opinion. But it is widely known that many people are not satisfied with the 15 Pro.

msackey

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2020

I don't have experience with the 15 Pro, but I haven't noticed how swipe typing has improved. Wasn't iOS 17 supposed to be the one where artificial intelligence is supposed to help improve swipe typing predictions?

Reactions: Lyrics23

Allen_Wentz

macrumors 68030
Dec 3, 2016
USA
Yeah I agree, it seems they all are kinda wonky until some of the first few updates. But I just feel like the 15 Pro is the most unpolished new release in a long time and it's a bummer. Hopefully it's all worked out soon.
Yet for millions, including me with a 15PM, the phone is a clear improvement over my 13P and my 14P. Not unpolished at all.

tonyisit

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2021

Just venting.
Its just buyers remorse , we all deal with it.

GuruZac

macrumors 68040
Sep 9, 2015
⛰️🏕️🏔️
I have noticed software bugs. I think as more features are added and Apple is attempting to provide new features plus software support for hundreds of millions of devices there are just more bugs to work through.

I should clarify, in summary, I am very happy with my 15 Pro Max. Battery life is awesome, form factor is beautiful, it’s fast, takes great photos, and I enjoy the UI elements surrounding Dynamic Island. No overheating, no slow downs.

Last edited:
Reactions: StoneJack

tonyisit

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2021
You are the "only one" who doesn't know that this is widely known. In fact, it is VERY widely known.

It has been in the news. On virtually all tech news, but also mainstream news like CNN, USA Today, Fox News, etc.
Those channels just pick on the nonsene and anecdotal evidence that people post on twitter and redidit , they do not investigate this sort of stuff. This just repeat what they read somewhere

Reactions: tridley68
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.