Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Clayton630

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2022
To me, upgrading to iOS 15.4 was so horrible !!! I’m using an iPhone 13 Pro Max and one of the many bugs I am annoyed by is the safari animation. As you can see on the video, when I swipe all the up to show all my tabs there’s on more tab showing briefly and this is really making me so sick !!! My friends who are using an iPhone 11, an iPhone 11 Pro and a 13 Pro are having the exact same issue. Does anyone have a solution ? Did anyone noticed it before my post ?

Reactions: FILIPSN007

thv

macrumors regular
May 12, 2022
It's not happening to me. but you could just click the tab button on the right of the bar to show them all, does it do the same glitch then?

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
Safari not only has annoying animations, but the animations also stutter on older devices.

So I did this:

Go to Settings > Accessibility > Per-App Settings (scroll to the bottom) > Add App

add Safari, go into Reduce Motion, and toggle on.

Now only Safari animations will be reduced. For me it makes Safari less jarring and...snappier.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
Safari not only has annoying animations, but the animations also stutter on older devices.

So I did this:

Go to Settings > Accessibility > Per-App Settings (scroll to the bottom) > Add App

add Safari, go into Reduce Motion, and toggle on.

Now only Safari animations will be reduced. For me it makes Safari less jarring and...snappier.
It's not even only older devices. I was testing it on a new iPhone SE 2022 (same chip as the iPhone 13) and even there large stutters occur, albeit not as often. It just seems to be poorly optimized.

Reactions: antiprotest
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.