Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Malcy16

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2012
United Kingdom
Hello all,
I've got 2 HomePod Minis (1 in the kitchen and 1 in my office)
I use them to play music and listen to podcasts.

I'm not the best for remembering song titles, album names etc. so to use the HomePod I will go on my iPhone select whatever Playlist/Album/Podcast I want to listen to and play it. Then I'll use airplay and will then play through my HomePod.
It feels a little clunky to do this and I wonder whether theres an easier way to do this?

I switched off the setting where if you move the iPhone closer to the HomePod it'll vibrate. Should I switch this back on to make this more simple?

Hope this makes sense!!

iGeek2019

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2019
No Selection
You may find it easier if you enable Handoff from iPhone to HomePod Mini - I’ve got two of them myself in my bedroom and it always feels ‘easier’ to do it this way rather than rely on AirPlay which either works perfectly or takes its sweet time to think about it.

Of course this is just my opinion and other posters may have other ways of making it simpler for you 😊

Reactions: Malcy16

Malcy16

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2012
United Kingdom
You may find it easier if you enable Handoff from iPhone to HomePod Mini - I’ve got two of them myself in my bedroom and it always feels ‘easier’ to do it this way rather than rely on AirPlay which either works perfectly or takes its sweet time to think about it.

Of course this is just my opinion and other posters may have other ways of making it simpler for you 😊
Thank you - I'll give that method a go

Malcy16

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2012
United Kingdom

Been using my HomePod the way you suggested all week and its a lot better!
Thanks again

Reactions: iGeek2019
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.