Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
clayjohanson said:
Well, you could try setting it up like this:

claysoffice.jpg

Notice the Mac mini down in the lower-left corner... it's connected to everything, but out of your visual range so it doesn't matter if it goes with your keyboard, mouse, etc. (You'll notice everything on my desk is black, so I shared the same concern.)

Man, I don't want your electric bill! :D

I thought I was bad. Serious question, what's up with so many computers?

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
sjpetry said:
I like the red chairs in the other room. Where did you get them? :)
The chairs in the other room (BTW, they're cherry) came from Workbench in Raleigh, NC, circa late 2000. (That particular store is gone now, and I fear the entire chain may have gone out of business, but you can try their web site.) Sorry I can't remember their name... and there's nothing on them that identifies them.

EDIT: Here's another picture of them.

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Chip NoVaMac said:
Man, I don't want your electric bill! :D

I thought I was bad. Serious question, what's up with so many computers?
No, you don't want my electric bill. Trust me on this.

It used to be worse... there used to be *3* Sony PCs and *3* Sony notebooks. I'm a bit of a geek, as you might have noticed. :)

Sony 3.4 GHz PC: Main PC, used for web surfing, Flash design, Media Center server (all my music resides here). Connected to home theatre system.

Sony 3.2 GHz PC: Backup PC (used to be main PC). Not used much, but I am thinking of converting into a Windows Small Business Server 2003 with Exchange and web hosting, so I can maybe stop paying someone else to handle my e-mail and web services.

Sony 2.2 GHz notebook: Main notebook. My e-mail and personal web site (and other sites I'm developing) live here. I carry this with me so all my mail, etc. is available in one location.

Sony 850 MHz notebook: Backup notebook, although the main reason I keep it is because it is also a work of art (click here to see it). The HD on this notebook is continually reporting SMART errors, but I'm waiting to see if the HD actually fails.

Mac mini: Because I'm curious. :)

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
clayjohanson said:
Sony 850 MHz notebook: Backup notebook, although the main reason I keep it is because it is also a work of art (click here to see it). The HD on this notebook is continually reporting SMART errors, but I'm waiting to see if the HD actually fails.

Very cool. Tempting for the PB.

nyprospect

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2004
stubeeef said:
You use a Mac!

and your asking people that use Mac! Comeon now. :p
I dont use a mac not yet.I use a pc so that explains it .
Sunbaked i dont think my girl will want bert ernie elmo and gonzo "doing da deed" to her.Although i could ask.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.