Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PKdeGallo

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2015
Miami, FL
So I might be losing my mind a bit here but I've been noticing that on WatchOS 7.5 Spotify is having this weird issue where I'll start playing music on the phone (iOS 14.6) and the Spotify app will pop up but the app will not keep up with what's playing on my phone. Noticed that even if I just stream from the Watch I'll have this issue as well, the Spotify app pops up, it'll show the first song I started to play but it will not show the songs afterward. I can hit the next/previous buttons and those work, as in the songs will change or replay but the song still doesn't get updated on the watch.

As far as Apple Music goes, the same thing is happening here. I'm pretty sure originally the Music app is what opens on the Watch but I'm not having that happen. The Music app will not update either. The only thing that works as far as I can tell is the Now Playing app, which will work with AM just fine.

Some background here, I've already done resets of both my iPhone and Apple Watch and haven't really done anything. So I figure it's software but I just wanted to be sure I'm not alone in my issue here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.