Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iappfan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2018
California
This app picks most popular songs and albums with greatest hits artists in iTunes store and spotify from youtube.

onlinemusic_us1.png

It's like a "free" iTunes store / spotify based on the music database of youtube. It supports background play and fully compatible with AirPods without annoying popup / blocking ads.

onlinemusic_us2.png

The builtin music player has rich features. You can add songs to the media library, edit personal playlists, and export / share with friends.

onlinemusic_us3.png

It's free so check it out!

App store link : https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1287982100?mt=8

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
It looks nice. It reminds me a lot about another great third party app which uses YouTube as a source which is Musi. It even has a similar app icon.
For this 'Mi' app you do first need to pay 3.99 dollar (once) in order to get rid of the advertisements in the app though.

iappfan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2018
California
It looks nice. It reminds me a lot about another great third party app which uses YouTube as a source which is Musi. It even has a similar app icon.
For this 'Mi' app you do first need to pay 3.99 dollar (once) in order to get rid of the advertisements in the app though.

Mu is the pronunciation of the app icon. Musi has annoying popup ads to interrupt the video steaming, but this app has only small banner that can be ignored easily.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
Mu is the pronunciation of the app icon. Musi has annoying popup ads to interrupt the video steaming, but this app has only small banner that can be ignored easily.

Aha. I bought the ads away in Musi so don't see them there anymore. For now I will stick with Musi but I will keep Mi as well as a backup. I'm not a fan of ads/banners at all so if I have the chance I buy them away for a couple of euros (once).

andypb

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2018
I'm not a big fan to buy removing ads for a unlimited free song app. In this case, this app is good because there is no pop up ads to block the screen. Before I met this app, I had to choose a song -> wait the pop up ads end(with annoying sound effect) -> press X button to leave the ad -> turn off the screen to listen to my music. that was very frustrated.
For this reason, I might use this app for a while. Thanks for suggestion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.