Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fatyank

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
Chandler, Arizona
I am a bit surprised at the amazingly quick turnaround time for the “Repair” of my AirPods Pro. I had the crackling noise predominately in the right ear but also the left on occasion. I contacted Apple support on the 16th of this month. I told them my issue and they said since I have Apple Care+ they’ll fi them no charge. OK, I’m happy with that. The afternoon of the 18th I receive a FedEx express box to send my AirPods and charger to Apple. Gave it to FedEx dropoff the next day (19th). They have a 3PM pick up time. I looked at Apple Support website today and it shows they received the package at 10:29 and prepped it for return at 11:30. AirPods fixed. I’ll have them back by Friday. Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m very happy with how fast everything transpired but I’m very curious how they can receive my AirPods, troubleshoot and repair them, then get them packaged to go in just an hour!!! Are things that slow at Apple? Were the AirPods delivered right to the tech’s work station? I hope Apple actually repaired them and didn’t just rebox them and send them off. Maybe I’m just too suspicious but……..

dhruveonmars

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2011
UK
I had a very quick turnaround as well, especially the actual repair, which was only about a hour too. I suspect they may be simply replacing the actual AirPods. That or they know exactly what causes the issue and the engineers have got the repair process really streamlined.

I did have to reset and re-sync them which is what made me think maybe the just replaced the AirPods

Fatyank

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
Chandler, Arizona
I had a very quick turnaround as well, especially the actual repair, which was only about a hour too. I suspect they may be simply replacing the actual AirPods. That or they know exactly what causes the issue and the engineers have got the repair process really streamlined.

I did have to reset and re-sync them which is what made me think maybe the just replaced the AirPods
That sounds good. When I talked to Apple Support it was my understanding they were going to replace them since I have Apple Care. The info on their support site and in the email says they were repaired but that might just be a computer generated canned statement that goes out. I have the old serial numbers so I’ll check that when they arrive. It doesn’t really matter if they repaired or replaced, just as long as it’s fixed.I’m sure I’ll have to reset and sync also since I did do a “Forget Device” in settings before shipping them.

dhruveonmars

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2011
UK
That sounds good. When I talked to Apple Support it was my understanding they were going to replace them since I have Apple Care. The info on their support site and in the email says they were repaired but that might just be a computer generated canned statement that goes out. I have the old serial numbers so I’ll check that when they arrive. It doesn’t really matter if they repaired or replaced, just as long as it’s fixed.I’m sure I’ll have to reset and sync also since I did do a “Forget Device” in settings before shipping them.
Ah fair. Yeah, I think must be automatic when marking as repair complete. had a similar message when my MBP battery was replaced, just got an email saying repair complete.
I never thought of checking the old serial numbers... but will try to keep that in mind, if I ever need to get something repaired again (hopefully not)

weeesss

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2017
I had the same issue a few months ago and they sent me a new pair I guess under Applecare+ and I sent mine back in the same box with a return label.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.